1. New “Child Protection Procedures for Primary and Post-Primary Schools 2017” came into effect from 11 December 2017.
2. To view the Department of Education and Skills Circular Letter, 0081/2017, relating to these procedures, please click here.
3. To view these new procedures, please click here.
4. The Board of Management of Loreto Secondary School, Wexford is currently preparing the Child Safeguarding Statement that is required as part of these new procedures. When this task has been completed, the full statement will be available here. Under the new procedures, this statement must be in place by 11 March 2018.
5. With effect from 24 January 2018, the Principal, Mr. O’ Shea, will present a Child Protection Oversight Report at each meeting of the school’s Board of Management.
6. Any persons with child protection concerns are invited to contact the Designated Liaison Person (DLP), Mr. O’ Shea, or, in his absence, the Deputy Designated Liaison Person (DDLP), Ms. O’ Reilly.
7. This section of the school website will be used to provide updates to members of the school community in relation to general child protection matters.
Billy O’ Shea,
Tuesday, 09 January 2018