Spring Meeting of Parents
Mr. O’ Shea (Principal) and Deputy Principals, Chris O’ Reilly and John McGinnity, hold two meetings each year with the aim of keeping the parent body informed of general issues relating to the school and to education in Ireland. These meetings take place each autumn and spring.
Accordingly, Loreto parents are invited to attend the next of these meetings in the school’s Sports Hall on Monday, 25 March at 5.30 p.m. The meeting will conclude by 6.45 p.m.
- Welcome / Purpose of meeting
- Child Protection
- Education Report:
- Junior Cycle
- Leaving Certificate reform
- How the school supports your daughter’s wellbeing
- School Self-Evaluation;
- 5th year student survey and action plan
- Whole school survey and action plan
- Student focus groups
- Questions and answers
- Well done to our 1st year basketball squad, crowned South East Leinster champions following their victory in Waterford on Thursday, 21 March.
- Best wishes are extended to all 3rd and 6th year students who will be involved in oral and practical examinations in Irish, French, German, Japanese, Music and Home Economics in the coming fortnight.
- Transition Year students travel out from school for their two week work experience placements on and from Monday, 25 March. We hope that all students will gain a valuable careers insight from this experience.
- Well done to 5th year students who organised a very enjoyable Fashion Show in the school last Wednesday to raise funds for the annual Lourdes pilgrimage.